Pages

Saturday, 28 May 2011

Internet Game Analysis #4

In this game my opponent called it an execution! Which was pretty funny. It was then I mentioned how I loved the Smith Morra Gambit; such a fun game to play! Anyway, he then told me that he doesn't study theory! I was blown away that he didn't considering his rating was higher than mine! After being beaten in this opening twice, I would hope at least analyzes these games to learn his mistakes. Lesson to be learned a little bit of study goes a long way to improve your game! With YouTube videos; this is easier than ever now days!

Anyway. Obviously he should have had done something about the f7 threat on move 7. Counter attacking with the knight all alone was just a bad idea. After that exchange his King was running amuck out in the middle of the board! Never a good thing. By this point there was really nothing my opponent could do to stop the onslaught. I put it through the computer and the positions which were played were almost comical.

Lesson to be learnt: Always be mindful of attacks on the King via the vulnerable f2 or f7 Pawn's.


No comments:

Post a Comment