Pages

Monday, 19 December 2011

Endgame Mistake #1

I had a great game today with one of my chess friends; my nemesis Dave! In a frustrating endgame I made a huge error costing me the game. In fact I missed the winning combination.



This actually occurred at move 59 in the actual game. The analysis showed some better variations for both colours but in general the game was very close the whole way through, until the endgame that is. I had a winning combination as shown in the variations on move one in the png. In either variation I win. Then again I had a chance for a pawn break; as shown by the variations on move 5. There are other variations but you get my point. Surely such a position could have been drawn.

Instead I played inaccurately and was at the mercy of the black Kings opposition. This was a fairly frusterating situation, one that was unnecessary. Hopefully this endgame analysis will help me play better in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment